Amos scores 19 as Toledo beats N. Illinois 74-69
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)—Jonathan Amos scored 19 points and Tyrone Kent’s dunk and two free throws in the final seconds secured Toledo’s 74-69 win over Northern Illinois on Sunday afternoon.
Toledo (7-24, 5-11 Mid-American) maintained a single-digit lead throughout the second half, and went up 72-66 when Kent hit his only two free throws of the game with 12 seconds remaining.
Michael Patton got Northern Illinois (10-19, 5-11) to within three with eight seconds left with his fifth 3-pointer, but Kent’s dunk ended any threat of the Huskies sending it into overtime.
Kent and Justin Anyijong both finished with 15 points and Mohamed Lo added 10 points for the Rockets. Amos and Kent played in their final regular season game for Toledo.
Patton and Michael Fakuade both scored 15 points, Darion Anderson had 13 and Najul Ervin added 12 points, as well as 11 rebounds.
- Amos scores 19 as Toledo beats N. Illinois 74-69
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- The unsung secret to Gonzaga's success is something 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback