Moore breaks assists record as Siena rolls
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)—Ronald Moore had 12 points and a record 14 assists as top-seeded Siena defeated fifth-seeded Fairfield 80-65 in the semifinal round of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament Sunday night.
Clarence Jackson scored 16 points off the bench, including five 3-pointers, for the host Saints (25-7, 18-2), who also got 15 from Edwin Ubiles and 13 from Alex Franklin.
Ryan Rossiter added 12 for Siena, which grabbed the lead for good less than two minutes into the game and went up by as much as 28 in the second half.
Moore broke the tournament record with his 14 dishes, topping fellow Saint Doremus Bennerman’s mark of 13 set against Fairfield in 1994.
Herbie Allen scored 19 points for the Stags (17-15, 10-10), who also got 15 from Lyndon Jordan.
Siena had a 48-24 at halftime en route to its 20th straight home win.
Siena will face the winner of the Rider-Niagara game for the championship on Monday.
- Charles Barkley blames Rick Pitino for his error-filled bracket
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs