Oakland, Mich. beats IPFW 75-62
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP)—Will Hudson had 15 points and eight rebounds to lead Oakland University to a 75-62 win over IPFW Sunday in the first round of the Summit League tournament.
Oakland (21-11) moves into Monday’s semifinals where it will play South Dakota State. The Summit League tournament winner will get an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament.
Hudson, who was 6-for-8 from the field, was one of five Golden Grizzlies players in double figures. Dan Waterstradt chipped in 13 points and Keith Benson, Erik Kangas and Johnathon Jones added had 11 apiece.
Oakland shot 62 percent from the field.
IPFW (13-17) shot just 38 percent. The Mastodons were led by Deilvez Yearby with 15 points and David Carson with 13.
- Alcorn St. 74, Prairie View 67
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne