Oakland, Mich. beats IPFW 75-62
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP)—Will Hudson had 15 points and eight rebounds to lead Oakland University to a 75-62 win over IPFW Sunday in the first round of the Summit League tournament.
Oakland (21-11) moves into Monday’s semifinals where it will play South Dakota State. The Summit League tournament winner will get an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament.
Hudson, who was 6-for-8 from the field, was one of five Golden Grizzlies players in double figures. Dan Waterstradt chipped in 13 points and Keith Benson, Erik Kangas and Johnathon Jones added had 11 apiece.
Oakland shot 62 percent from the field.
IPFW (13-17) shot just 38 percent. The Mastodons were led by Deilvez Yearby with 15 points and David Carson with 13.
- Oakland, Mich. beats IPFW 75-62
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2