Sacred Heart 63, Mount St. Mary’s, Md. 68
EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP)—Kelly Beidler scored 13 points and Mount St. Mary’s defeated Sacred Heart 68-63 in the Northeast Conference semifinals on Sunday night.
The second-seeded Mountaineers (19-12), who defeated Sacred Heart (17-14) in last year’s conference title game, will face Robert Morris in the championship on Thursday.
Mount St. Mary’s broke a 49-49 tie with 13:29 left on back-to-back baskets by Will Holland.
The Pioneers brought the deficit to 65-63 on a Corey Hassan layup with 1:16 to play, but wouldn’t get any closer. The Mountaineers sealed the win on three free throws.
Jeremy Goode and Shawn Autupem scored 12 points each and Holland added 11 for the Mountaineers.
Sacred Heart was led by Corey Hassan with 15 points. Ryon Howard and Joey Henley added 14 points each for the Pioneers.
- Top high school prospect crosses up John Wall
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner