Holy Cross beats Colgate in Patriot League tourney
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP)—Eric Meister scored 19 points and led a decisive second half surge as Holy Cross defeated Colgate 61-44 Sunday in the semifinals of the Patriot League tournament.
Second-seeded Holy Cross (18-13) will play at American for the title on Friday. The regular season champion defeated Army 61-60 in the other semifinal.
Meister scored the opening basket of the game and Colin Cunningham added five quick points, and Holy Cross never trailed.
With Ben Jonson and Yaw Gyawu in foul trouble, sixth-seeded Colgate (10-20) wound up going 5-for-23 from the floor in the first half and fell behind 28-14 at the break.
Holy Cross extended the lead to 51-26 with 10:46 left in the game.
Gyawu scored 13 to lead Colgate.
- Can you pass the NCAA’s annual coaches certification exam?
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims