Buffalo goes overtime in win over Miami 70-67
AMHERST, N.Y. (AP)—Andy Robinson?s 16 points, with six in overtime, led Buffalo to a 70-67 win over Miami of Ohio on Sunday in the Mid-American Conference.
Mitchell Watt had 14 points and five rebounds. Calvin Betts and Greg Gamble each added 13 points and eight boards as Buffalo (19-10, 11-5) wrapped up the third seed in the MAC Tournament and secured a first-round bye.
Michael Bramos scored a game-high 19 points with 10 rebounds, while Carl Richburg added 13 points for Miami (18-11, 10-6 MAC).
Bramos hit a 3-pointer with 12 seconds left to bring the RedHawks within 68-67 with 0:12 left but his jumper for the win with 2.9 seconds left came up short.
Miami was 17-of-25, shooting 68 percent from the floor, in taking a 40-27 lead at halftime.
Buffalo, despite shooting 10-of-33 in the first half, shot 52 percent, or 13-of-25, in the second half and 2-for-3 in overtime. The Bulls went 18-of-22 from the foul line, 7-of-8 in OT.
- Seven overtime Division III thriller ties for longest game ever
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home