Bowdry scores 6 in OT to pace E. Mich win, 55-53
MUNCIE, Ind. (AP)—Brandon Bowdry scored six of his team-high 13 points in overtime and had 11 rebounds to lead Eastern Michigan to a 55-53 victory over Ball State on Sunday.
Justin Dobbins added 11 points and Antonio Green had 10 for Eastern (8-23, 6-10 Mid-American Conference).
Rob Giles led Ball State (13-16, 7-9) with 18 points and 14 rebounds, and Laron Frazier had 10 points.
Bowdry hit two free throws 15 minutes into overtime to give the Eagles a 43-41 lead that they never surrendered, and his jump shot made it 53-46 with 1:44 remaining.
Ball State scored six of the next seven points on a basket by Malik Perry, two free throws by Giles and a Frazier 3-pointer that made it 54-53 with 23 seconds left, but came no closer.
Ball State finished tied for first place in the MAC’s West Division and claimed the second seed in the MAC Tournament.
- Bowdry scores 6 in OT to pace E. Mich win, 55-53
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0