Harvard defeats Yale 69-59
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP)—Jeremy Lin scored 19 points to lead Harvard to a 69-59 win over Yale on Saturday night.
Harvard (14-14, 6-8 Ivy League) snapped a seven-game losing streak against its rival Yale.
Yale (13-15, 8-6) was led by Travis Pinick with 18 points, while Ross Morin added 17.
Oliver McNally scored 16 points off the bench for the Crimson. McNally replaced starting guard Andrew Pusar, who was injured in the game?s first minute of play. Drew Housman scored 15 points and Keith Wright added 11 for Harvard.
Yale led 36-35 but McNally hit a 3-pointer and Harvard never trailed again. The Crimson used a 13-4 run midway through the second half to break the game open.
- No. 25 Gonzaga pulls away from Santa Clara
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Calipari hosts charity softball for Louisiana flood relief
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35