Falkner leads Sam Houston past Texas State, 92-82
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP)—Barkley Falkner scored 21 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to give Sam Houston State coach Bob Marlin his 200th win in a 92-82 victory against Texas State on Saturday.
Marlin became the second Southland Conference coach with 200 victories. Mike Vining won 383 games at Louisiana-Monroe from 1983-2005.
Falkner was 15-of-19 on free throws as the Bearkats (18-11, 12-4 Southland) made 36 of 45 from the line. Corey Allmond, Josten Crow and Lance Pevehouse each scored 17.
Brandon Bush led Texas State (14-15, 7-9) with 24 points and six rebounds. He also had five assists. Brent Benson scored 21, and Corey Jefferson had 10 points and nine assists.
Allmond scored eight points during a quick 11-0 run late in the first half that put the Bearkats ahead 47-28. They led by 16 at halftime and were up by at least eight the rest of the way.
- Falkner leads Sam Houston past Texas State, 92-82
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster