Falkner leads Sam Houston past Texas State, 92-82
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP)—Barkley Falkner scored 21 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to give Sam Houston State coach Bob Marlin his 200th win in a 92-82 victory against Texas State on Saturday.
Marlin became the second Southland Conference coach with 200 victories. Mike Vining won 383 games at Louisiana-Monroe from 1983-2005.
Falkner was 15-of-19 on free throws as the Bearkats (18-11, 12-4 Southland) made 36 of 45 from the line. Corey Allmond, Josten Crow and Lance Pevehouse each scored 17.
Brandon Bush led Texas State (14-15, 7-9) with 24 points and six rebounds. He also had five assists. Brent Benson scored 21, and Corey Jefferson had 10 points and nine assists.
Allmond scored eight points during a quick 11-0 run late in the first half that put the Bearkats ahead 47-28. They led by 16 at halftime and were up by at least eight the rest of the way.
- Falkner leads Sam Houston past Texas State, 92-82
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0