Jordan leads Tulsa to ragged 60-50 win over Rice
HOUSTON (AP)—Jerome Jordan scored 15 points, including eight in a row during a second-half run that carried Tulsa past Rice 60-50 on Saturday.
The Golden Hurricane (22-9, 12-4 Conference USA) led by two with 8 minutes remaining when Jay Reese hit a jumper and Jordan followed with the next eight Tulsa points during a 10-2 run for a 53-43 lead with 3:05 remaining.
The Owls (9-21, 4-12) shot 28 percent in the first half and 33 percent for the game. Rice starters were just 10-of-41 from the field (24 percent).
Cory Pflieger led the Owls with 10 points off the bench.
Ben Uzoh scored 11 for Tulsa and led his team with seven rebounds and four assists. Bishop Wheatley also had seven rebounds.
- Jordan leads Tulsa to ragged 60-50 win over Rice
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four