S. Dakota St. stuns Oral Roberts 72-69 in OT
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP)—Garrett Callahan scored 30 points, including the last seven of the game in overtime, to lift South Dakota State to a 72-69 upset of second-seeded Oral Roberts Saturday in the first round of the Summit League tournament.
Callahan also scored the last five points of regulation for the Jackrabbits (13-19), who play the winner of Sunday’s game between Oakland and IPFW in Monday’s semifinals.
Callahan’s three-point play with 16 seconds remaining in the second half sent the game into overtime tied 61-61. He had three 3-pointers and went 11-for-12 from the free throw line.
Clint Sargent added 12 points and Dale Moss 10 for the Jackrabbits.
Oral Roberts had won three straight conference tournament titles. The Golden Eagles (16-15) got 17 points from Marcus Lewis and 11 each from Kelvin Sango, Dominique Morrison, Robert Jarvis and Andre Hardy.
- S. Dakota St. stuns Oral Roberts 72-69 in OT
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0