SE Louisiana beats Northwestern St. 79-69
NATCHITOCHES, La. (AP)—Warrell Span scored 16 points and grabbed 15 rebounds to help Southeastern Louisiana beat Northwestern State 79-69 on Saturday in the regular-season finale for both teams.
Patrick Sullivan added 12 points and 14 rebounds for the Lions (13-16, 7-9 Southland Conference). Brandon Fortenberry led Southeastern Louisiana with 20 points.
The Lions went on a 12-1 run in the second half, pulling ahead 61-53 when Damon Forest made two free throws with 7:54 remaining. Southeastern Louisiana maintained the lead for the remainder of the game, going up by as much as 13 points.
The Lions outrebounded Northwestern State 54-36 and scored 22 second chance points off of 18 offensive rebounds.
The Demons (11-20, 3-13) were led by Damon Jones, who scored 19 points.
- Loyola (Md) beats Iona 87-81
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth
- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case
- Arizona adds to 2017 class with Lee's commitment
- Two conferences to experiment with restricted arc appeals