N. Iowa beats Bradley 76-62 in Valley semifinals
ST. LOUIS (AP)—Adam Koch had 22 points and nine rebounds, helping top seed Northern Iowa pull away in the second half to beat Bradley 76-62 in the Missouri Valley Conference tournament semifinals on Saturday. The will face Illinois State in the title game Sunday.
Kwadzo Ahelegbe added 21 points and four assists for the Panthers (22-10), who shot 50 percent and advanced to the championship game for the first time since 2004. Northern Iowa shared its first conference title with Creighton, which lost to Illinois State in the second semifinal.
Theron Wilson scored all but two of his 16 points in the second half and Sam Maniscalco added 14 points for Bradley (18-14), the fifth seed. Bradley was 0-3 against Northern Iowa this season, the first two losses by a combined eight points, and the third meeting was tied at 32 at halftime.
Ahelegbe scored the last four points in a 10-0 run that put Northern Iowa ahead 55-44 with 8:18 to play. Bradley got no closer than a seven-point deficit the rest of the way while going 1-for-9 from 3-point range after the break.
- UNLV 67, Georgia Tech 63
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?