N. Iowa beats Bradley 76-62 in Valley semifinals
ST. LOUIS (AP)—Adam Koch had 22 points and nine rebounds, helping top seed Northern Iowa pull away in the second half to beat Bradley 76-62 in the Missouri Valley Conference tournament semifinals on Saturday. The will face Illinois State in the title game Sunday.
Kwadzo Ahelegbe added 21 points and four assists for the Panthers (22-10), who shot 50 percent and advanced to the championship game for the first time since 2004. Northern Iowa shared its first conference title with Creighton, which lost to Illinois State in the second semifinal.
Theron Wilson scored all but two of his 16 points in the second half and Sam Maniscalco added 14 points for Bradley (18-14), the fifth seed. Bradley was 0-3 against Northern Iowa this season, the first two losses by a combined eight points, and the third meeting was tied at 32 at halftime.
Ahelegbe scored the last four points in a 10-0 run that put Northern Iowa ahead 55-44 with 8:18 to play. Bradley got no closer than a seven-point deficit the rest of the way while going 1-for-9 from 3-point range after the break.
- N. Iowa beats Bradley 76-62 in Valley semifinals
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0