Mississippi St. beats Ole Miss 82-80
OXFORD, Miss. (AP)—Barry Stewart scored 17 points and Mississippi State defeated Mississippi 82-80 on Saturday in the Southeastern Conference regular-season finale for both teams.
Kody Augustus and Dee Bost added 13 points apiece for Mississippi State (19-2, 9-7), which used a 12-2 spurt midway through the second half to take a 71-66 lead with 6:32 to play. The Bulldogs hit 7 of 10 free throws the rest of the way to seal it.
Mississippi State finished 28 of 37 from the free-throw line, including a 9 of 10 performance by Bost. Stewart went 4-for-6 from beyond the arc.
The Rebels’ (16-14, 7-9) Terrico White misfired on a 35-foot shot at the buzzer for the win after scoring seven of his 21 points in the final 44 seconds. Malcolm White scored 20 points and Murphy Holloway had 11 points and grabbed 14 rebounds.
The scored was tied 42-42 at halftime.
- Irresponsible report suggests Kentucky paid 200K for Anthony Davis
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth
- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case
- Arizona adds to 2017 class with Lee's commitment
- Two conferences to experiment with restricted arc appeals