Idaho beats Fresno State 59-56
MOSCOW, Idaho (AP)—Mac Hopson scored 20 points Saturday night as Idaho edged Fresno State 59-56 in a Western Athletic Conference game.
Idaho trailed the entire game until Trevor Morris hit a 3-pointer with 2:12 left, giving the Vandals a 51-50 lead.
Fresno State’s Nedeljko Golubovic hit a layup and free throw with 25 seconds left, narrowing Idaho’s lead to 55-54.
Morris took the inbounds pass and was immediately fouled. He hit both shots, giving Idaho a 57-54 lead.
Brandon Sperling then hit an uncontested layup, but Hopson sealed the game when he hit two free throws with 13.8 seconds left.
Sylvester Seay led the Bulldogs (12-20, 3-13 WAC) with 14 points and Dwight O’Neil added 13.
The win makes the Vandals (16-14, 9-7) the third seed for the WAC tournament in Reno next week.
- Idaho beats Fresno State 59-56
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0