New Mexico State beats Hawaii 70-59
HONOLULU (AP)—Troy Gillenwater scored 18 points and Wendell McKines added 16 points and 11 rebounds to lead New Mexico State to a 70-59 win over Hawaii on Saturday.
Gillenwater also grabbed eight rebounds as the Aggies shot 49 percent from the field. New Mexico State (16-14, 9-7 WAC) also got 13 points from Jonathan Gibson and 10 from Hernst Laroche.
Kareem Nitoto led Hawaii (13-16, 5-11 WAC) with 11 points.
The Aggies almost exclusively used a zone defense to hold the Rainbow Warriors to 32 percent shooting from the field.
- When will Kentucky collect its first L?
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State