New Mexico State beats Hawaii 70-59
HONOLULU (AP)—Troy Gillenwater scored 18 points and Wendell McKines added 16 points and 11 rebounds to lead New Mexico State to a 70-59 win over Hawaii on Saturday.
Gillenwater also grabbed eight rebounds as the Aggies shot 49 percent from the field. New Mexico State (16-14, 9-7 WAC) also got 13 points from Jonathan Gibson and 10 from Hernst Laroche.
Kareem Nitoto led Hawaii (13-16, 5-11 WAC) with 11 points.
The Aggies almost exclusively used a zone defense to hold the Rainbow Warriors to 32 percent shooting from the field.
- New Mexico State beats Hawaii 70-59
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel