George Mason beats James Madison 61-53
RICHMOND, Va. (AP)—Cam Long and Darryl Monroe scored 12 points apiece to help George Mason hold off James Madison 61-53 on Saturday night in the quarterfinals of the Colonial Athletic Association tournament.
The second-seeded Patriots (21-9, 13-5) have won three games in a row and five of their last six. They will play 11th-seeded Towson, who have knocked off No. 6 seed Drexel and No. 3 seed Northeastern, in the semifinals on Sunday.
The seventh-seeded Dukes (19-14, 9-9) have lost three of their last four.
Long hit the Patriots’ only two 3-pointers in the game.
Pierre Curtis paced the Dukes with 16 points, including going 2-for-3 from 3-point range, while Devon Moore added 13.
The Dukes led by one point at halftime, but the Patriots outscored them 37-28 in the second half to seal the win to advance to the CAA semis.
George Mason outrebounded James Madison 45-40.
- George Mason beats James Madison 61-53
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel