Temple tops George Washington 63-53
WASHINGTON (AP)—Lavoy Allen scored 17 points and grabbed 16 rebounds to lead Temple to a 63-53 win over George Washington on Saturday night in the final regular-season game for both teams.
The Owls (19-11, 11-5 Atlantic 10 Conference) had a season-high 55 rebounds in defeating the Colonials for the first time in Washington since 2002.
George Washington (10-18, 4-12), which failed to secure a berth in the 12-team league tournament, trailed by as many as 12 points in the first half and 32-24 at the half.
Temple increased its lead to 10 points on an Allen layup with 19:28 left, and the Colonials never got within single digits again.
George Washington shot 35.2 percent from the field (19 of 54) while Temple shot 24-for-74 (32.4 percent) and 9-for-32 from 3-point range.
Damian Hollis led the Colonials with 21 points. Rob Diggs had 12 points and 10 rebounds.
- Temple tops George Washington 63-53
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four