UC Riverside beats Cal Poly, 76-69
SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. (AP)—Rudy Meo and Konner Veteto each scored 13 points in leading UC Riverside to a 76-69 win over Cal Poly Saturday.
With the win UC Riverside improved to 17-12 (8-8, Big West Conference) and earned the sixth seed for the Big West Conference Tournament. They’ll face seventh seed Cal State Fullerton on Wednesday in the first round of play at the tournament.
The Mustangs conclude the 2008-09 season with a 7-21 overall record and a 3-13 mark in conference play.
Cal Poly sophomore Shawn Lewis led all scorers with 23 points while junior Lorenzo Keeler and Justin Brown added 12 and 13 points respectively.
- UC Riverside beats Cal Poly, 76-69
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel