Brown beats Dartmouth 69-59
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)—Peter Sullivan scored 12 of his 21 points in the second half to lead Brown to a 69-59 win over Dartmouth on Saturday night in the regular-season finale for both teams.
The Big Green cut Brown’s lead to 58-53, but Sullivan hit back-to-back baskets to halt the rally and give the Bears (9-19, 3-11 Ivy League) their second win in 24 hours. Brown beat Harvard 61-59 Friday night.
Brown?s Matt Mullery added 17 points on 7-of-9 shooting and made 88.9 percent of his shots from the field (24-27) over the last three games. Chris Skrelja had 17 points for the Bears, who also scored 46 points in the paint.
Alex Barnett, the league?s leading scorer (19.4), finished with 19 points for Dartmouth (9-19, 7-7).
A combination of early foul trouble plus Skrelja?s defense held Barnett to only six points in the first half which ended with Brown leading 37-29.
- Brown beats Dartmouth 69-59
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy