Brown beats Dartmouth 69-59
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)—Peter Sullivan scored 12 of his 21 points in the second half to lead Brown to a 69-59 win over Dartmouth on Saturday night in the regular-season finale for both teams.
The Big Green cut Brown’s lead to 58-53, but Sullivan hit back-to-back baskets to halt the rally and give the Bears (9-19, 3-11 Ivy League) their second win in 24 hours. Brown beat Harvard 61-59 Friday night.
Brown?s Matt Mullery added 17 points on 7-of-9 shooting and made 88.9 percent of his shots from the field (24-27) over the last three games. Chris Skrelja had 17 points for the Bears, who also scored 46 points in the paint.
Alex Barnett, the league?s leading scorer (19.4), finished with 19 points for Dartmouth (9-19, 7-7).
A combination of early foul trouble plus Skrelja?s defense held Barnett to only six points in the first half which ended with Brown leading 37-29.
- In recruiting, Under Armour failing to protect its ethics house
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims