Nevada beats Boise State 69-60
BOISE, Idaho (AP)—Brandon Fields scored 19 points and Luke Babbitt had 14 to lead Nevada to a 69-60 win over Boise State on Saturday night.
The Wolf Pack (19-11, 11-5 Western Athletic Conference) led the entire game en route to a victory that secured them the second seed heading into next week’s conference tournament in Reno, Nev.
Boise State (19-11, 9-7) pulled within 62-58 when Mark Sanchez sank a pair of free throws with 1:49 left. But the Broncos, who will be the fourth seed in the tournament, failed to get any closer down the stretch.
Fields was 4-of-8 from the field and hit 8-of-10 free throws. The Wolf Pack shot 39.1 percent from the floor and 73.7 percent from the free-throw line.
Anthony Thomas led the Broncos with 12 points, and Kurt Cunningham and Sanchez each chipped in 11 points. The Broncos shot 37 percent and struggled controlling the ball with 16 turnovers.
- Nevada beats Boise State 69-60
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel