Jacksonville beats Lipscomb 88-72
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Lehmon Colbert scored 20 points and Ben Smith added 19 as top-seeded Jacksonville rolled to an 88-72 victory over Lipscomb in the semifinals of the Atlantic Sun Conference tournament on Friday night.
The victory sends the Dolphins (18-12) into the championship game against second-seeded East Tennessee State, which defeated Belmont in Friday’s other semifinal game.
Lipscomb (17-14) had its nine-game winning streak snapped.
Jacksonville built a 38-24 halftime lead, and extended it to 68-38 with 12:10 to play. Lipscomb pulled within 12 points twice in the final 6 minutes of the game, but it wasn’t enough.
All five Dolphins starters finished in double figures, as Marcus Allen and Ayron Hardy added 12 each and Travis Cohn had 11.
Josh Slater led Lipscomb with 17 points.
The Dolphins made 10 of 20 3-pointers en route to victory.
- Jacksonville beats Lipscomb 88-72
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?