Jacksonville beats Lipscomb 88-72
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Lehmon Colbert scored 20 points and Ben Smith added 19 as top-seeded Jacksonville rolled to an 88-72 victory over Lipscomb in the semifinals of the Atlantic Sun Conference tournament on Friday night.
The victory sends the Dolphins (18-12) into the championship game against second-seeded East Tennessee State, which defeated Belmont in Friday’s other semifinal game.
Lipscomb (17-14) had its nine-game winning streak snapped.
Jacksonville built a 38-24 halftime lead, and extended it to 68-38 with 12:10 to play. Lipscomb pulled within 12 points twice in the final 6 minutes of the game, but it wasn’t enough.
All five Dolphins starters finished in double figures, as Marcus Allen and Ayron Hardy added 12 each and Travis Cohn had 11.
Josh Slater led Lipscomb with 17 points.
The Dolphins made 10 of 20 3-pointers en route to victory.
- Air Force-UNLV Preview
- UT Arlington beats Top 25 team first time in program history
- FSU scores most under Hamilton in 118-63 rout of Nicholls
- Rising Bears: Baylor unranked to No. 4 in less than month
- White leads Colorado to 68-66 win over No. 13 Xavier
- No. 6 Kentucky regroups with 87-63 rout of Valparaiso
- No. 21 UNLV cruises past Air Force, 68-58
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64
- No. 2 UCLA returns to college basketball's upper echelon
- Late free throw gives Indiana State win over No. 16 Butler
- No. 7 North Carolina holds off Davidson 83-74
- Watson scores season-high 25, No. 10 Creighton beats Huskers