Yale defeats Dartmouth 74-62
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP)—Travis Pinick scored 21 points and Ross Morin added 19 to lead Yale to a 74-62 victory over Dartmouth on Friday night.
Dartmouth led 4-2 before the Bulldogs went on a 10-0 run to take the lead for good. Yale (13-14, 8-5 Ivy League) added another 13-0 run later in the first half for a 25-9 lead, cruising the rest of the way.
Dartmouth (9-18, 7-6) was led by Jabari Trotter’s 13 points, while Alex Barnett and Dan Biber each scored 12. Both teams entered the contest tied for third in the Ivy League and both had outside chances of earning a share of the league title, but Cornell clinched its second straight title with a win on Friday.
Yale had eight steals in the first half and finished with 13 for the game. The Big Green had 24 turnovers in the contest.
- Yale defeats Dartmouth 74-62
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina