Morehead St. beats Tenn.-Martin 63-55
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Kenneth Faried scored 22 points and grabbed 17 rebounds to lead Morehead State to a 63-55 upset over top-seeded Tennessee-Martin in the semifinals of the Ohio Valley Conference tournament on Friday night.
Maze Stallworth added 13 points for the Eagles (18-15), who will play the winner of the Austin Peay-Murray State game for the title on Saturday.
Morehead State outrebounded the Skyhawks (22-9) 40-27, including 18-11 on the offensive glass and 18 second-chance points.
OVC Player of the Year Lester Hudson scored 34 and had 10 rebounds for Tennessee-Martin.
Trailing 30-24 at halftime, the Skyhawks pulled within one point after a 13-4 run, keyed by two 3s from Hudson.
Morehead scored the next seven to make it 48-40, but the Skyhawks would make one final run to get within 53-49 before the Eagles scored 10 of the final 16 points.
- Morehead St. beats Tenn.-Martin 63-55
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2