Logins’ 19 lead Canisius over Loyola, Md., 74-68,
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)—Greg Logins had 19 points and 13 rebounds as ninth-seeded Canisius defeated eighth-seeded Loyola in the opening round of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament Friday.
Frank Turner added 22 points and eight rebounds for the Golden Griffins (11-19, 5-14), who shot 53 percent from the field while holding Loyola to 32 percent.
The lead went back and forth nine times until Turner connected for what proved to be the go-ahead basket three minutes into the second half, though Loyola was able to cut the deficit to six with two minutes remaining.
Brian Rudolph and Brett Harvey scored 16 points apiece for the Greyhounds (12-20, 7-12).
Canisius closed the first half on an 18-6 run, erasing what had been a nine-point Loyola advantage, and took a 33-30 lead into the break.
The Golden Griffins advance to face top-seeded Siena in Saturday’s semifinal round.
- VCU website quotes Charlie Sheen after Georgetown win
- Fox leads No. 5 Kentucky over Mississippi State 88-81
- UCLA to celebrate day honoring Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- No. 21 Purdue dominates Illinois 91-68
- Williams scores career-best 38; UCF beats South Florida
- Austin Peay's Loos returning from his leave of absence