ETSU beats Belmont 88-74 in A-Sun tourney
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Courtney Pigram scored 30 points and East Tennessee State beat Belmont 88-74 on Friday night in the semifinals of the Atlantic Sun Conference basketball tournament.
The Buccaneers (22-10), the second seed, advance to Saturday’s championship game against the winner of Friday’s Lipscomb-Jacksonville game.
It will be the first time in four years the A-Sun will have a new champion and NCAA Tournament representative other than Belmont, which won the tournament each of the past three seasons.
Pigram became the second player in A-Sun history to score more than 2,000 points in his career, joining Willie Jackson of Centenary. Pigram now has career 2,017 points.
Kevin Tiggs added 21 points and Mike Smith scored 19 for the Buccaneers. Tommy Hubbard came off the bench to score 11.
Shane Dansby led the third-seeded Bruins with 21 points.
- Jeremy Hazell feels lucky to be alive after gun-shot wound
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69