Cleveland State beats Illinois-Chicago 67-64
INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Norris Cole scored 26 points, including key shots in the closing two minutes, as Cleveland State rallied from behind to beat Illinois-Chicago 67-64 Friday in the second round of the Horizon League tournament.
Trailing 59-50 with 5:00 to go, Cleveland State (23-10) launched into a 13-3 run that put them back in the lead, 63-61, with Cole’s layup with 2:02 remaining.
In the furious closing seconds, Cole made two free throws after being fouled as the Vikings held onto a slim lead and a win over the Flames.
Cleveland State plays Wisconsin-Green Bay in Saturday’s semifinals at Hinkle Fieldhouse.
The Flames (16-15) never led during the first half. But they rallied in the second half, buoyed by Josh Mayo’s 19 points. He ended the night with 24 points, while Robo Kreps added 16.
- Cleveland State beats Illinois-Chicago 67-64
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four