Brown beats Harvard 61-59
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)—Garrett Leffelman hit a 3-pointer as time expired to lift Brown to a 61-59 win over Harvard on Friday night.
Harvard led 59-58 when Drew Housman missed a jumper with 8 seconds left. Peter Sullivan rebounded and passed to Leffelman, who made the game-winning 3-pointer—his only one after five misses—from the right sideline.
Matt Mullery scored 21 points and grabbed a career-high 20 rebounds for Brown (8-19, 2-11 Ivy League).
The last time a Brown player grabbed 20 rebounds was Feb. 24, 1984.
Housman led Harvard (13-14, 5-8) with 12 points as Brown held Jeremy Lin, the Crimson’s leading scorer, to 10 points—eight below his season average.
Brown hit Harvard with an 18-4 run to open the second half, which began with Harvard leading 35-28.
Mullery was 9-for-9 from the floor as Brown snapped a four-game losing streak.
- Brown beats Harvard 61-59
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark