Bradley beats S. Illinois 67-55
ST. LOUIS (AP)—Sam Maniscalco went 14-for-14 from the line and scored 21 points Friday to lead Bradley to a 67-55 win over Southern Illinois in the quarterfinals of the Missouri Valley Conference Tournament.
Theron Wilson added 14 points and nine rebounds for the Braves (18-13), who will play No. 1 seed Northern Iowa on Saturday in the semifinals. Northern Iowa defeated Indiana State 73-69 earlier in the day.
Tony Boyle had 16 points and six rebounds and Ryan Hare added 13 points for Southern Illinois (13-18), which suffered its first losing season since 1997-98.
Southern Illinois led 17-9 with just over eight minutes left in the first half. Bradley took over with a 13-0 run and outscored the Salukis 25-8 the rest of the half, and led by as many as 15 points in the second half.
Boyle scored 13 points in the second half, helping Southern Illinois slice the deficit to 54-47 with 3:46 left.
- Video: Four great NCAA tournament moments, in Lego form
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges