Colonials beat Terriers in NEC quarterfinal
CORAOPOLIS, Pa. (AP)—Jeremy Chappell had 19 points and a game-high six assists and Robert Morris beat St. Francis, N.Y., 73-60 in a Northeast Conference tournament quarterfinal game.
Dallas Green added 10 points and Rob Robinson nine points and 13 rebounds for the No. 1-seeded Colonials (22-10) in Thursday night’s game. Robert Morris advances to play Quinnipiac in the semifinals Sunday afternoon.
All nine players who played scored for Robert Morris, who have won seven of nine and will continue to host any game it plays in the NEC tournament.
Ricky Cadell added 20 points and six rebounds and Jamaal Womack 18 points for the Terriers (10-20), who close their season on a four-game losing streak.
St. Francis shot only 34.7 percent from the field, including 25 percent in the first half. The Terriers did not make a 2-point field goal in the first half.
- Colonials beat Terriers in NEC quarterfinal
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look