N.C.-Asheville 86, Radford 94
RADFORD, Va. (AP)—Kenny Thomas scored 35 points to lead Radford to a 94-86 win over North Carolina-Asheville in the semifinals of the Big South Conference tournament on Thursday night.
The top-seeded Highlanders (20-11) advanced to play Virginia Military Institute for the conference tournament title on Saturday.
Thomas was 10 of 18 from the field, including five 3-pointers, and was 10 of 11 from the free-throw line to tie the single-game conference scoring mark.
Fourth-seeded UNC-Asheville (15-16) cut the lead to 86-83 with 55 seconds left, but Radford scored the next six points for a 92-83 advantage with 27 seconds remaining.
Joey Lynch-Flohr scored 14, Chris McEachin added 10 points and Artsiom Parakhouski had 13 rebounds for Radford.
Sean Smith scored 21, Matt Dickey had 14, John Williams added 13 and Reid Augst scored 12 points for the Bulldogs.
- Lance Stephenson's nickname keeps changing
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending