N.C.-Asheville 86, Radford 94
RADFORD, Va. (AP)—Kenny Thomas scored 35 points to lead Radford to a 94-86 win over North Carolina-Asheville in the semifinals of the Big South Conference tournament on Thursday night.
The top-seeded Highlanders (20-11) advanced to play Virginia Military Institute for the conference tournament title on Saturday.
Thomas was 10 of 18 from the field, including five 3-pointers, and was 10 of 11 from the free-throw line to tie the single-game conference scoring mark.
Fourth-seeded UNC-Asheville (15-16) cut the lead to 86-83 with 55 seconds left, but Radford scored the next six points for a 92-83 advantage with 27 seconds remaining.
Joey Lynch-Flohr scored 14, Chris McEachin added 10 points and Artsiom Parakhouski had 13 rebounds for Radford.
Sean Smith scored 21, Matt Dickey had 14, John Williams added 13 and Reid Augst scored 12 points for the Bulldogs.
- N.C.-Asheville 86, Radford 94
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Oregon stuns Kansas to reach first Final Four in 78 years
- Having reached the Final Four at last, Mark Few says, 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself