Arkansas-Pine Bluff beats MVSU 73-63
ITTA BENA, Miss. (AP)—Eric Brooks scored 17 points to help Arkansas-Pine Bluff defeat Mississippi Valley State 73-63 on Thursday night.
Gavin Montgomery added 16 points on 7-of-9 shooting for the Golden Lions (12-17, 11-7 Southwestern Athletic Conference). Arkansas-Pine Bluff defeated MVSU for the second time this season, having defeated them 74-52 on Jan. 3.
After leading 32-29 at halftime, the Golden Lions used an 8-0 run to go up 44-34 after George Davis’ dunk with 13:26 remaining. Arkansas-Pine Bluff led by as much as 12, and MVSU didn’t get any closer than within five points.
Eric Petty finished with 14 points and eight rebounds to lead the Delta Devils (7-24, 7-11). Shannon Behling chipped in with 10 points and a career-high 15 rebounds.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff shot 50 percent from the field (29-for-58), while MVSU shot 35.4 percent (23-for-65).
- Drexel downs Penn 58-49
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth
- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case
- Arizona adds to 2017 class with Lee's commitment
- Two conferences to experiment with restricted arc appeals