Arkansas-Pine Bluff beats MVSU 73-63
ITTA BENA, Miss. (AP)—Eric Brooks scored 17 points to help Arkansas-Pine Bluff defeat Mississippi Valley State 73-63 on Thursday night.
Gavin Montgomery added 16 points on 7-of-9 shooting for the Golden Lions (12-17, 11-7 Southwestern Athletic Conference). Arkansas-Pine Bluff defeated MVSU for the second time this season, having defeated them 74-52 on Jan. 3.
After leading 32-29 at halftime, the Golden Lions used an 8-0 run to go up 44-34 after George Davis’ dunk with 13:26 remaining. Arkansas-Pine Bluff led by as much as 12, and MVSU didn’t get any closer than within five points.
Eric Petty finished with 14 points and eight rebounds to lead the Delta Devils (7-24, 7-11). Shannon Behling chipped in with 10 points and a career-high 15 rebounds.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff shot 50 percent from the field (29-for-58), while MVSU shot 35.4 percent (23-for-65).
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff beats MVSU 73-63
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four