Bramos’ FTs lead RedHawks
OXFORD, Ohio (AP)—Michael Bramos had 23 points and scored the last five points on free throws in overtime for Miami (Ohio), leading the RedHawks to a 50-45 victory over Bowling Green on Thursday night.
A layup by Antonio Ballard and two Adam Fletcher free throws had given Miami (17-11, 10-5 Mid-American Conference), a 45-43 lead midway through the overtime. Bramos hit the second of two foul shots with 1:22 left to swell the lead to 46-43, then hit two more with 17 seconds left to put the RedHawks up, 48-45. He then closed the scoring with two more free throws with 8 seconds remaining.
Nate Miller had 12 points and 16 rebounds for the Falcons (17-12, 10-5).
Bowling Green’s Scott Thomas had forced the overtime by hitting a 3-pointer at the buzzer to tie the game at 40.
Tyler Dierkers added 12 points and 12 rebounds for the RedHawks.
- Rice's owl mascot ejected -- yes, ejected -- by referee
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges