Bramos’ FTs lead RedHawks
OXFORD, Ohio (AP)—Michael Bramos had 23 points and scored the last five points on free throws in overtime for Miami (Ohio), leading the RedHawks to a 50-45 victory over Bowling Green on Thursday night.
A layup by Antonio Ballard and two Adam Fletcher free throws had given Miami (17-11, 10-5 Mid-American Conference), a 45-43 lead midway through the overtime. Bramos hit the second of two foul shots with 1:22 left to swell the lead to 46-43, then hit two more with 17 seconds left to put the RedHawks up, 48-45. He then closed the scoring with two more free throws with 8 seconds remaining.
Nate Miller had 12 points and 16 rebounds for the Falcons (17-12, 10-5).
Bowling Green’s Scott Thomas had forced the overtime by hitting a 3-pointer at the buzzer to tie the game at 40.
Tyler Dierkers added 12 points and 12 rebounds for the RedHawks.
- Bramos' FTs lead RedHawks
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four