Fisher’s 6 in OT leads Flashes
OXFORD, Ohio (AP)—Al Fisher scored 15 points, including six in a row in overtime, to lead Kent State to a 77-71 victory over Buffalo on Thursday night.
Chris Singletary, who led the Golden Flashes (18-13, 10-6 Mid-American Conference) with 19 points, hit two free throws with 16 seconds left in regulation to tie the game at 67. Buffalo’s Rodney Pierce missed a 3-pointer with 2 seconds left.
In the overtime, Fisher hit two foul shots at the 1:41 mark for a 71-68 lead, then hit a layup with 29 seconds remaining and added two more free throws with 22 seconds left for a 75-69 Kent State lead.
Jordan Mincy, who had 13 points, added two clinching free throws with 2 seconds remaining. Julian Sullinger chipped in with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
Greg Gamble had 17 points, Pierce had 16, Andy Robinson 13 and Mitchell Watt 10 for the Bulls (18-11, 10-6).
- Fisher's 6 in OT leads Flashes
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four