Texas A&M-Corpus Christi beats Lamar 69-60
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP)—Kevin Palmer scored 26 points, had five rebounds and dished out four assists to lead Texas A&M-Corpus Christi past Lamar, 69-60 on Wednesday night.
The Islanders (16-14, 10-5 Southland) never trailed in the game and led by as many as 16 points with 4:07 remaining in the second half. Demond Watt had 12 rebounds and nine points.
The Islanders outrebounded Lamar (15-14, 6-9) 44-23.
Brandon McThay scored 22 points while Ashton Hall added 12 for Lamar.
Lamar gave up four first-half 3-pointers and entered the half down 29-22.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi beats Lamar 69-60
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions