BYU rallies for 78-68 win over Wyoming
LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP)—Lee Cummard scored 24 points and BYU rallied in the second half to beat Wyoming 78-68 on Wednesday night.
Jonathan Tavernari added 19 points and Jimmer Fredette finished with 15 for the Cougars (23-6, 11-4 Mountain West), who are tied with Utah and New Mexico for first place in the conference standings with one game to go.
BYU trailed 40-35 at halftime and the Cowboys led by three with 8:13 remaining in the game. But Cummard scored seven straight points and Tavernari added a 3-pointer to put the Cougars up by seven with 4:54 left. They outscored Wyoming 21-8 in the final eight minutes.
Sean Ogirri scored 25 points—17 in the first half—to lead Wyoming (18-11, 7-8). Brandon Ewing added 16 points and Afam Muojeke finished with 11 for the Cowboys, who scored only two field goals in the final 11 minutes.
- TV cameras catch Renardo Sidney brawling with a teammate
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Freeman, Prince lead No. 21 Baylor past K-State, 82-72
- Walton, Michigan hang on to beat Minnesota 82-74
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'