South Alabama defeats New Orleans 62-60
MOBILE, Ala. (AP)—Domonic Tilford scored 13 points, including two free throws with seven seconds left in the game, to provide the winning margin in South Alabama’s 62-60 victory over New Orleans in the first round of the Sun Belt Conference tournament Wednesday night.
The sixth-seeded Jaguars (18-12) advanced to play third-seeded Troy in the quarterfinals on Sunday in Hot Springs, Ark.
Tilford’s free throws gave South Alabama a 62-58 lead and became the winning points when New Orleans’ Kyndall Dykes scored at the buzzer.
The 11th-seeded Privateers (11-19) finished the season on a three-game losing streak and were 0-10 in conference road games this season.
Ronald Douglas and LaShun Watson added 11 points each for the Jaguars. DeAndre’ Coleman added 10 rebounds.
Dykes finished with 17 points and 10 rebounds and T.J. Worley added 15 points for New Orleans.
- Idaho State player's foul shot gets stuck on front rim
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul
- Georgetown-Syracuse December game to honor Pearl Washington