Sam Houston State beats Northwestern State 84-66
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP)—Ashton Mitchell scored 24 points and had eight assists to lead Sam Houston State to an 84-66 victory over Northwestern State Wednesday night.
Corey Allmond added 21 points and Barkley Falkner contributed 10 for Sam Houston State (17-11, Southland 11-4). Sam Houston State never trailed, jumping out to a 17-7 lead. The Bearkats led by as many as 21 points in the second half.
Deivida Petravicius and Michael McConathy had 14 points apiece for Northwestern State (11-19, 3-12). William Mosley had 11.
Sam Houston State led 46-37 at the half.
- Sam Houston State beats Northwestern State 84-66
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four