UNLV defeats Air Force 46-43
LAS VEGAS (AP)—Wink Adams had 11 points to lead UNLV to a 46-43 victory against Air Force on Wednesday.
UNLV (21-8, 9-6 Mountain West Conference) led only 41-39 with 1:46 to play after Air Force’s Andrew Henke connected on a pair of 3-pointers. But the Rebels scored five points on their next three possessions, including a layup by Adams as the shot clock expired and three free throws.
Joe Darger and Rene Rougeau added nine points each for UNLV, which only shot 30 percent and connected on just 6-of-23 3-point attempts.
UNLV trailed by eight points with five minutes to play in the first half before going on a 9-0 run to take a one-point advantage at halftime. It opened the second half with a 9-2 outburst.
Henke had 19 points for Air Force (9-19, 0-15), which has not won since Dec. 28 at Dartmouth.
- UNLV defeats Air Force 46-43
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four