Eastern Michigan beats Northern Illinois 75-61
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP)—Justin Dobbins scored 20 points and Brandon Bowdry added 19 to lead Eastern Michigan past visiting Northern Illinois 75-61 on Wednesday night.
Darion Anderson led Northern Illinois (10-18, 5-10, Mid-American) with a game-high 24 points, while Mike Dinunno had 12.
Eastern Michigan (7-23, 5-10) hit 50 percent (13 of 26) from the field and 75 percent (6 of 8) from behind the three-point arc on its way to building a 38-23 halftime lead.
Northern Illinois shot only 35.1 percent (20-57) from the field and 23.8 percent (5 of 21) from behind the three-point arc for the game.
Bowdry came off the bench to lead Eastern Michigan with a game-high 12 rebounds. The Eagles’ bench outscored Northern Illinois 52-15 during a game that featured only one lead change.
- Eastern Michigan beats Northern Illinois 75-61
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0