Carter scores 18 as Aggies hold off Colorado 72-66
BOULDER, Colo. (AP)—Josh Carter scored 18 points, B.J. Holmes added 16 points and Texas A&M kept its NCAA tournament hopes alive with a 72-66 win over Colorado on Wednesday night.
Donald Sloan had 14 for the Aggies (22-8, 8-7), who have won five straight heading into their final Big 12 game against No. 15 Missouri at home on Saturday.
Cory Higgins had a game-high 27 points for the Buffaloes (9-20, 1-14), who lost their 10th straight Big 12 game.
The Aggies trailed 54-46 with 5:50 left before going on a 20-4 run to take control. They led 67-60 with less than a minute remaining when Colorado hit two 3-pointers to pull within 68-66. Texas A&M closed it out with four free throws in the final 15 seconds.
The Buffaloes, whose last win came against Iowa State on Jan. 27, led at halftime for the first time this season in conference play.
- Carter scores 18 as Aggies hold off Colorado 72-66
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups