Army beats Lehigh 53-50
WEST POINT, N.Y. (AP)—Cleveland Richard scored 15 points and Army advanced to the Patriot League tournament semifinals with a 53-50 victory over Lehigh on Wednesday night.
Marcus Nelson added a season-high 13 points for the fourth-seeded Cadets (11-18), who will play at top-seeded American on Sunday.
Nelson, the conference’s defensive player of the year, held Marquis Hall, a first-team all-conference selection, to 10 points on 1-of-13 shooting, including 1-of-9 from 3-point range.
Zahir Carrington had 14 points and 13 rebounds for the Mountain Hawks (15-14), while John Adams added 12 points and 11 rebounds.
The Cadets led 36-24 with 13:40 to play, but fifth-seeded Lehigh closed within 46-45 on two free throws by Hall with 1:56 to go. Richard then hit a 3-pointer with 1:34 left.
It was the third straight year the Cadets beat Lehigh in the quarterfinals with all the games decided by three points or less.
- Kyle Singler’s latest trick shot video is even better than his first
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare