Morehead State beats Eastern Kentucky
MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP)—Maze Stallworth scored 21 points and Leon Buchanan added 20 to lead Morehead State past Eastern Kentucky 91-72 Tuesday night in the first round of the Ohio Valley Conference Tournament.
Demonte Harper had 16 points and 12 assists for the fourth-seeded Eagles (17-15), who snapped a four-game skid, and Kenneth Faried posted his 22nd double-double of the season with 15 points and 17 rebounds.
Josh Taylor had a season-high 26 points to lead the Colonels (18-13), the No. 5 seed who lost their third straight game. Papa Oppong and Mike Rose added 12 points apiece.
Morehead State closed out the first half with a 12-0 run to lead 44-30. Eastern Kentucky took a 59-58 lead with 10:54 left, but the Eagles used a 16-0 spurt, including nine points from Buchanan, to lead 74-59.
The Eagles will meet top-seeded Tennessee-Martin on Friday in Nashville.
- Bethune-Cookman fires its coach at worst imaginable time
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case