Cleveland St. gets 56-43 home victory over Detroit
CLEVELAND (AP)—Cedric Jackson tallied 16 points including 7-of-8 shooting from the foul line as Cleveland State recorded a 56-43 home win against Detroit on Tuesday night.
The Vikings (22-10, 13-6) entered the first round of the Horizon League tournament having swept Detroit (7-23, 2-17) in their last four meetings. The streak continued with help from J’Nathan Bullock, who had 15 points and 13 rebounds. Norris Cole added 12 points.
Thomas Kennedy led Detroit with 12 points, and Eulis Stephens had 11.
The Titans kept the score tight for most of the first half and were down 23-21 at the break.
Cleveland State reclaimed control early in the second half on two foul shots by Jackson. The Vikings gained momentum and never looked back, leading by as much 16 points near the end.
They play Illinois-Chicago in the second round.
- Wagner edges Long Island U. 65-59 in overtime
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending