Curry leads Davidson past Elon 90-78
ELON, N.C. (AP)—Stephen Curry scored 26 points, reached the 2,500-point mark for his career and helped Davidson beat Elon 90-78 on Monday night.
The nation’s leading scorer hit the 20-point mark for the 15th straight game to lead the Wildcats (25-6, 18-2 Southern Conference). They shot 63 percent in the second half while at times revving up the potent offense that carried them within a missed 3-pointer of last year’s Final Four.
Now they’re ready for the ride to begin again, starting with a bid later this week to claim a fourth straight SoCon tournament title.
Bryant Barr scored 18 points, Steve Rossiter added 17 and Will Archambault finished with 13 for Davidson, which won its third straight overall by claiming its 14th consecutive victory in the series.
Monty Sanders scored 17 points, Brett James had 16 and Ola Atoyebi had 13 for the Phoenix (10-19, 7-13).
- Newest Washington signee is a very familiar name in Seattle
- Judge to review surveillance video in Appling gun case
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout